"A Single Moment Toward Trust False mental causes are removed by a freshness of thought, sustained by an affirmative outlook of faith and trust in the perfection of life."
Ernest Holmes, The Science of Mind
A little piece taken from Agape:
There are moments in time when we’re called upon to trust, and sometimes it beckons at a deep level. At these times, life tends to give us stuff where we either find trust or we spin our wheels fighting and resisting in a tireless battle against inevitability. Sometimes we find ourselves forced into trust and sometimes we choose to take the “trust-step” all on our own. Trust can come to an individual, to a family or to an entire community.
I have been spinning my wheels, fighting and resisting in a tireless battle against the inevitable.
I have to let go. I have to trust that all things are going according to Gods plan and not mine. I have to trust in my Higher Power and know that the plan is already in progress with or without my help. My mind is going crazy with constant thought, of how things should be and how could he, and how is she. I have not been able to have a good sit for about 2 weeks. I sit and then the constant spinning out of control mindless thoughts.
I am choosing today to Let Go and let God do the work, I am exhausted. I am going to do what I can do and that is love, meditate, take care of my mind and my body and be at peace with my insides and know that God is and I am not.
Writing my thoughts and living life to the best of all my abilities. Not always in the most gracious way, but it beats not participating in life at all!
Daily Inspiration
"We should never forget the silence ...No words needed today, only sitting."
unknown
"Honesty gets us sober, tolerance keeps us sober."--Bill W.
"Recovery is a path, not a sudden landing."--Sandra B
"We are responsible for the effort, not the outcome."
anonymous
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(97)
-
▼
March
(16)
- Flip Flopping
- Great day
- Desire
- Day is over
- Strange morning
- forwarded email from Jani
- What I have heard so far, Roshi's talks
- All things come to an end
- Unconditional Friendliness
- Temporary Nirvana
- Breathe, Acknowledge, and Observe
- Finding the answer
- I Am In Constant Need of Being Reminded
- A Beautiful Day Out
- I can see this being me
- Why Practice?
-
▼
March
(16)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me in a nutshell
50 years old, 14 years sober! Happy to be living the life I could have only dreamed of!
Jolynn and Greg
What it can be like
Talented Granddaughter
Jerrica and her drawing of horses
Grateful for the loved ones in my life
Jerrica and her great grandma, Sue
2 comments:
I love the look of your new blog and I really enjoy what you have been right lately ... that noble eightfold path is a good walk. YOU got it girl.
I can very easily let my mind spin on a "problem." It's my default position -- how I was brought up and how I lived my life for so many years of misery. The illusion of control is so powerful. "The idea that somehow, someday, we will control and enjoy our _______ is the great obsession..." I can control or I can enjoy (or at least have the illusion of enjoying), but I cannot do both. Whenever I can remember to observe, rather than "figure," I am so much better off.
Post a Comment