Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Breathe, Acknowledge, and Observe



On my last post, Linda had used the word observe. I forget that I am just the observer. All that is going on around me and happening around me and even what I am a part of doing, is just that. Wow! Observe Joni, do not attempt to take control of anything, anybody. Breathe in all that is around, yes acknowledge all that is around and then I just get to observe, the outcome is not up to me.




I thought this picture was pretty cool.






Just now my sprinklers came on in the backyard and immediately my mind went to, why are they on now, why did Greg set the timer, WHY, WHY, WHY???? It took me just a second to realize that I was trying to control this sprinkler timing, Gregs wants, and it does not matter! I am sicker than others. This chair is pretty cool reminder to just sit, breathe acknowledge and mostly OBSERVE!


I Thank my Higher Power for Linda, for her great way with words, I love the gentle reminders.


I am just an oberver today.

2 comments:

Me said...

I am really enjoying reading your posts Joni. You laid low for awhile and I was missing you.

Linda said...

I'm loving your posts too. One of the blessings of the trudge is a fresh look at the same things that have occupied the minds of people throughout the ages. Good stuff, Joni. Keep trudging.

Me in a nutshell

50 years old, 14 years sober! Happy to be living the life I could have only dreamed of!

Jolynn and Greg

Jolynn and Greg
What it can be like

Talented Granddaughter

Talented Granddaughter
Jerrica and her drawing of horses

Grateful for the loved ones in my life

Grateful for the loved ones in my life
Jerrica and her great grandma, Sue

Friends