
First off I am back!! My computer has been full of bugs and so Norton is in and now I am bug free!!! Too long for this type. I need to journal and this has become my way of putting my thoughts into words and not getting stuck in them.
The week has been busy, busy, busy...... or should I just say occupied. My husbands sponsor would say, boy "them alcoholics when they retire, they just are busy, busy, busy" and then laugh. I love Mike S. and especially when he laughs. What a gentle and kind man.
My title "I JUST NEED ONE MORE MEETING"..... my thougHts are with Al and Karen and son Jim, Al's sponsee's, his grand children, all of his family members, and all the members of AA; the old timers and the newcomers and all in between.
I am so honored to have become a member of such a loving, compassionate, tolerable community. The love that I have learned to give myself. Who would have thought that this angry, so full of ego, insecure, unloving person would be able to feel the love that I have today. It is because of the people, like Al, that I am able to feel love today and know what it is. I never knew love and never knew how to give it.
Thank you Al for the "just right" words. They were always about your experience of just one more meeting, letting me and others know that finding the disease of alcoholism after so long of a struggle that you had before you were able to not drink in between meetings, and just kept coming back, that you had been rewarded with a life that none of us could have ever dreamed of. I am so honored to have been a friend for you.
I JUST NEED ONE MORE MEETING, NOT SURE WHICH ONE, BUT I WILL JUST KEEP COMING BACK.....
LOVE YOU AL YOU ARE MY HERO
1 comment:
Al will be forever known for being "just right" and "needing one more meeting." Even at this time, when he is packing his bags for the last trip, he is just right.
Love you, Joni.
Post a Comment