Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Seeking


Dalai Lamas response to the above question: "To be happy and to make others happy"
Purpose of the spiritual path: ""For the benefit of self and the benefit of others."


Prayer from the Upanishads, the mystical Hindu scriptures, 900 B.C.
"Univerasl Seekers Prayer"

Lead us from darkness to the light;
lead us from illusion to wisdom
lead us from death to deathlessness.
Lead us from conflict and suffering to harmony, peace, and happiness.


"The search for illumination and guidance. Move from murky illusion and confusion to wisdom, certainty and clarity.

Why should any of us spend our lives as onlookers at the seaside, nervously wading in the shallows? Life has a lot more to offer than that. Others have found freedom, satisfaction, and liberation.

Look inside and experience the radiance within."



I have been so I dont want to say disconnected, but just kinda hanging by a limb.
I have been going through the motions, and not feeling anything different. I do have to say that my hormones are completley out of whack at this moment.
Just be Joni, this too shall pass. I am good in spite of my feelings and some of my thoughts. Today I know that just keep putting my foot in front of the other and it is going to be ok. My Dr. will be back in the beginning of June. Should have relief by then.

I started reading yet another book, Awakening to the Sacred, Lama Surya Das. The above quotes and bits came from the first couple of chapters.

I dig the universal seekers Prayer.
Lead us from conflict and suffering to harmony, peace, and happiness. What a concept, conflict and suffering does not have to be a part of my life. I can find harmony, peace, and happiness by being good to myself and others. I dont think of myself being selfish when looking at things as the whole picture. Being good to myself means in turn I am good to others. That is going to be my daily Mantra.
Now I am rambling. I really feel I need to blog more and just have not been able to get to that place for what I do believe to be my hormone stuff, that being said I will go for now, and continue to seek to have a great day today.

3 comments:

Linda said...

We are all seekers. At least we are seeking something worthwhile now, Joni.

Capitano Tedeschi said...

Joni

I am sorry you are feeling poorly. It is at such times that the love and friendship of others are priceless.

I know you have many people in your life that care for you and I also know that they accept you as you are--like even right now.

Capitano Tedeschi

30

Me said...

I really enjoyed your post Joni.
Blog when you are able and I'll be reading you.

Me in a nutshell

50 years old, 14 years sober! Happy to be living the life I could have only dreamed of!

Jolynn and Greg

Jolynn and Greg
What it can be like

Talented Granddaughter

Talented Granddaughter
Jerrica and her drawing of horses

Grateful for the loved ones in my life

Grateful for the loved ones in my life
Jerrica and her great grandma, Sue

Friends