Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sitting with the feelings/thoughts


As I sat last night with the intent to just let them pass, let them go, release. I can honestly say that this sitting was the only time I have ever really sat with the intent of ok, this is not going to be easy, this is not going to feel good, this is not going to be comfortable. I was all that and it was also a relief.

My feelings.....insecurity, anxiety, fear, confused, lost, anger, sadness, grief, overwhelmed, alone. The thoughts....... what if, how come, why not, why, why, why, this too shall pass.

What I felt during that sit, physically felt.... nausea, relief, peace. I told my self when I felt the physical this too shall pass. I did not know at the time of the feelings, that I was going to get the sense of relief, I dont have to feel this way anymore, and the peace that came over me was quite alarming, may be a bit extreme but I know what I felt. This warm sensation that began in my head and went through out my body.

Today I really did get up with a whole different take on my daily agenda. No insecurity, anxiety, fear, confusion, anger, sadness, or grief. I woke up with a whole different perspective. My day has been very good, no thoughts of wanting to grasp, attach, and control. So far it has been a really good day.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I really love it when I see evidence of how this thing works when we are willing to sit with the "ouch" of life.

Good stuff. Really good stuff.

Me in a nutshell

50 years old, 14 years sober! Happy to be living the life I could have only dreamed of!

Jolynn and Greg

Jolynn and Greg
What it can be like

Talented Granddaughter

Talented Granddaughter
Jerrica and her drawing of horses

Grateful for the loved ones in my life

Grateful for the loved ones in my life
Jerrica and her great grandma, Sue

Friends